Southeast Austin Homes For Sale
Southeast Austin offers a mix of neighborhoods, from starter homes in many communities throughout the area to more upscale homes in neighborhoods such as Onion Creek. Southeast Austin is home to many of the large establishments of Austin, such as Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and Circuit of the Americas, which is expected to trigger development close to the track. Many parks are in the area, as are two well-known golf courses.
Southeast Austin is bordered to the west by IH-35, the north by the Colorado River, to the east by Bastrop and Caldwell Counties, and to the south by Caldwell and Hays Counties. It is in MLS areas 9, 11, SC, and SE. Most homes in Southeast Austin are two to ten miles from downtown Austin.
Zip codes for Southeast Austin include 78610, 78612, 78617, 78719, 78741, 78742, 78744, and 78747.
Southeast Austin is in the Austin Independent School District and the Del Valle Independent School District.
In addition to the public schools listed below, Southeast Austin includes the private school Escuela Montessori de Montopolis.
View Listings by School
Austin’s premier municipal golf course, Roy Kizer Golf Course, is in Southeast Austin. The course is set on almost 300 acres and offers a par 71 links-style layout. Included in the grounds are 35 acres of lakes and 22 acres of wetlands that provide a home for migratory waterfowl. Riverside Golf Course is also in the area.
Southeast Austin’s Onion Creek Club was founded in 1974 by three-time Masters Champion Jimmy Demaret. The grounds include 27-holes of championship golf, six tennis courts, a Junior Olympic pool and a baby pool, a fitness center, and a clubhouse. Several levels of membership are available.
McKinney Falls State Park is a large natural park in Southeast Austin that includes parts of Onion Creek. Popular for camping, hiking, mountain biking, and swimming, it is home to “Old Baldy,” an over 500 year-old, 103-foot tree – one of the oldest bald cypress trees on Texas public land. The park is named after Thomas F. McKinney, who was one of Stephen F. Austin’s first 300 colonists.
Austin Bergstrom International Airport – Consistently ranked high for customer service, ABIA offers Austin flair through its décor, restaurant offerings, and live music performances.
Circuit of the Americas opened in 2012 and hosts Formula 1 racing and other sporting events on a 3.4-mile circuit track that is equipped for 120,000 fans. Professional and music events also are held on the Circuit grounds, including at the Tower Amphitheater, which can hold up to 14,000 guests, including 6,700 in reserved seating.
Nearby Parks and Other Outdoor Activities
- Onion Creek Wildlife Sanctuary Nature Preserve (4435 East State Highway 71)
- Old Moore’s Crossing Neighborhood Park (7420 Apperson Street)
- Stoney Ridge Neighborhood Park (7000 Moores Crossing Boulevard)
- Grand Meadow Neighborhood Park (8022 Thaxton Drive)
- Marble Creek Greenbelt (6605 East William Cannon)
- Onion Creek Metropolitan Park (8652 Nuckols Crossing Road)
- Onion Creek Soccer Complex (5600 East William Cannon)
- Onion Creek Greenbelt (7004 Onion Creek Drive)
- Kendra Page Neighborhood Park (2203 Blue Meadow Drive)
- Williamson Creek East Greenbelt (4618 East William Cannon Drive)
- Gaines Creek Greenbelt (4800 South MoPac Expressway)
- Dove Springs District Park (5801 Ainez Drive)
- Houston School Park (5506 Tallow Tree Drive)
- Ponciana Neighborhood Park (5201 Freidrich Lane)
- Mabel Davis District Park (3427 Parker Lane)
- County Club Creek Greenbelt (3109 Burleson Road)
- Montopolis Practice Fields (901 Vasquez Street)
- Civitan Neighborhood Park (513 Vargas Road)
- Montopolis Neighborhood Park (1200 Montopolis)
- Yates Pocket Park (6015 Felix Avenue)
- Roy G. Guerrero Colorado River Metropolitan Park (400 Grove Boulevard)
- Longhorn Shores at Town Lake Metropolitan Park (60 South Pleasant Valley Road)
- Central Maintenance Complex at Town Lake Metropolitan Park (2525 South Lakeshore Boulevard)
- International Shores at Town Lake Metropolitan Park (1800 Block South Lakeshore)
- Lakeshore at Town Lake Metropolitan Park (1928 South Lakeshore Boulevard)
- Peace Point at Town Lake Metropolitan Park (2200 South Lakeshore Boulevard)
- Richard Moya Park (10001 Burleson Road)
- Del Valle Softball Complex (3614 FM 973)
- Southeast Metropolitan Park (4511 Highway 71 East)
Shopping and Restaurants
Restaurants in Southeast Austin include El Mesón Taqueria, Catfish Parlor, Patsy’s Café, and a wide assortment of fast food establishments. Many of the restaurants are small and family-owned. Southeast Austin offers many discount and thrift stores, in addition to everyday convenience stores such as HEB Grocery and Wal-Mart.
Fill out this form, let us know what you're looking for, and we'll have the agent best suited to work with you get in touch with you ASAP!