Anderson Mill West Homes For Sale
Anderson Mill West, named for the pioneer Thomas Anderson who first settled the area in the 1850’s, is a section of the Anderson Mill neighborhood, with over 450 homes in northwest Austin. While considered part of the Austin city limits, Anderson Mill West is in Williamson County and the City of Cedar Park. The homes in Anderson Mill West are typically newer than in Anderson Mill proper and were built between the late 1980’s and early 2000’s.
Properties in Anderson Mill West
Homes range in size from 1,000 square feet to 4,000 square feet and average in price at $180,000. The homes have grown more popular as Austin’s population expands and new residents and home buyers seek affordable homes with commutes less than thirty minutes to downtown, which makes the 78613 zip code a desirable address (see 78613 homes for sale). Further adding to the benefit of living in Anderson Mill West, the neighborhood is located within easy access of Highway 183 and RR 620, both of which are lined with restaurants and retail space.
Anderson Mill West is in Cedar Park (see Cedar Park homes for sale). Though part of Anderson Mill, where many homes were built between the 1970’s and 1980’s, Anderson Mill West is newer, with homes built through the early 2000’s.
Anderson Mill West is bordered to the north by Cypress Creek Road and the Cypress Mill neighborhood, to the east by El Salido Parkway and Little Elm Trail, to the southeast by RR 620, and to the west by Anderson Mill Road. It is 20 miles from downtown Austin, which translates to a 20 to 30 minute commute by car in good traffic, but potentially longer during rush hours.
Residents of Anderson Mill West are required to be part of the Anderson Mill West Neighborhood Association. Homeowners also can pay to utilize facilities that are part of the Anderson Mill Limited District through the City of Austin.
- Summit Christian Academy
- Cypress Creek Montessori School
- One World Montessori School
- Bluebonnet School of Cedar Park
- Hill Country Christian School
- Holy Family Catholic School
- Wisdom House
- The Children’s Courtyard
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal School
View Listings by School
The roads and highways surrounding Anderson Mill West offer an extensive selection of restaurants for either fast or relaxed dining. Residents can find local favorites in close proximity like Noble Pig Sandwiches, Torchy’s Tacos, Carino’s Italian, Nagoya Steak & Sushi, RC Fowlers Wing Bar and Grill, and Saccone’s Pizza.
Anderson Mill West is part of the larger Anderson Mill collection of subdivisions, all of which are eligible to enjoy the recreation facilities of the Anderson Mill Limited District (AMLD). AMLD offers playgrounds, two community swimming pools, tennis courts, racquetball courts, a fitness circuit, and a hike and bike trail. Lake Creek Parkway runs along the creek that is at the heart of Anderson Mill.
Aquatics & Fitness
The AMLD offers two full sized swimming pools with diving wells, kiddie pools, a water park, and full locker rooms. Both of the pools are heated year round to 82 degrees. The El Salido Pool Complex also boasts a fitness center with cardio equipment and classes such as Zumba and Yoga.
The Springwoods Park is a moderately sized park that includes tennis courts, a baseball field, and playscapes for children. Located at 9117 Anderson Mill Rd., the hike-and-bike trails connect it to the adjacent Wildwood Park.
Millrun Park offers an off-leash pet area for dog owners to bring four-legged family members.
El Salido Park features one of the AMLD swimming pools, a large playground facility, and a park pavilion that can be rented for private parties.
Shopping and Restaurants
One of the major draws for living in Anderson Mill West is its close proximity to shopping and dining in Northwest Austin. Located close to both Hwy 183 and RR 620, Anderson Mill West provides easy access to the Arboretum shopping center, Lakeline Mall, Round Rock, Cedar Park, and the Four Points Centre.
- Four Points Centre, just five miles from Anderson Mill West, is home to a selection of retailers that includes restaurants, banks, and department stores such as Home Depot, Target, Wal-Mart, Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo, Bellagio’s Italian Bistro, El Salido, and Johnny Carino’s.
- Lakeline Mall, located two miles from Anderson Mill West on the border of Cedar Park, is anchored by Dillard’s, JCPenney, Macy’s, and Sears. The mall also includes more than 150 specialty stores and a 9-screen Regal Theatre. Lakeline Plaza and Lakeline Village are located adjacent to Lakeline Mall and offer an additional 10 anchor stores, including Best Buy, Old Navy, and TJMaxx, plus over 20 other specialty stores. Surrounding restaurants include Chili’s, Applebee’s, Texican Café, and Plucker’s.
- The Arboretum at Great Hills, located 10 miles from Anderson Mill West just off Highway 183, offers a park-like setting that is home to more than 40 shops and restaurants. The Arboretum features a wide tenancy of retailers such as Pottery Barn, Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Z Gallerie, The Gap, and AZIZ Salon and Day Spa. Shoppers can stroll the outdoor mall and stop to eat at restaurants like Cheesecake Factory, Five Guy’s Burgers, and Blue Baker.
Get in Touch With an Agent
Fill out this form, let us know what you're looking for, and we'll have the agent best suited to work with you get in touch with you ASAP!