North Austin Homes For Sale
North Austin is a large and popular geographic area, with an abundance of businesses and retailers, in addition to residents, making their homes in the region. As recently as the 1950s, the east-west running Anderson Road was Austin’s northernmost point, but explosive growth over the past decades caused this part of town to grow both outwardly and inwardly in rapid fashion. Crestview and Allandale are two of the oldest neighborhoods, having been developed right after World War II, and still offer the homespun, neighborly feel that dominated that era.
Homes in North Austin range from traditional ranch style homes built after the World War II boom to new construction homes. Many of the homes offer mature landscaping and trees, and some are on a hilly terrain that exemplifies this part of the state.
North Austin (see North Austin homes for sale) is bordered by IH-35 and Pflugerville to the east, FM 2222 and Loop 360 to the south, FM 2222 to the west, and McNeil Road, Parmer Lane, and Highway 45 to the north. It is in MLS areas 1A, 1N, 2, 2N and N.
North Austin is in the Austin Independent School District, the Round Rock Independent School District, and the Pflugerville Independent School District.
In addition to the public schools listed below, North Austin includes the private schools St. Francis School, Paragon Prep School, Capitol School of Austin, Austin Adventist Junior Academy, Redeemer Lutheran School, St. Louis School, Austin Jewish Academy, The Magellan International School, Menachem Hebrew Academy, Grace Covenant Christian School, Brentwood Christian School, Hyde Park Baptist High School, Austin International School, and North Austin Montessori School.
View Listings by School
Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park is a 293-acre park off North Lamar that includes an off-leash area for dogs and 15 miles of trails for mountain bikers and hikers. The park also is home to a pool, five softball fields, two basketball courts, a volleyball court, a playground, and picnic facilities.
Beverly S. Sheffield Northwest District Park is a 30-acre park along the banks of Shoal Creek in Allandale. A popular feature of the park is a pond with ducks. The park also offers a fishing pier, a swimming pool, a baseball field, two basketball courts, a playground, four tennis courts, walking trails, and a volleyball court.
Great Hills Country Club is a members-owned club that features a challenging champion 18-hole golf course designed by PGA legend Don January and architect Billy Martindale. The club also offers tennis courts, a swimming complex, and a clubhouse.
- Trailhead Neighborhood Park (10984 Boulder Lane)
- Pickfair Pocket Park (10904 Pickfair Drive)
- Northwest Balcones Neighborhood Park (10225 Talleyran Drive)
- Mountain View Neighborhood Park (9000 Middlebie Road)
- Tanglewood Neighborhood Park (11409 Rustic Rock Road)
- Canyon Vista Pool (8455 1/2 Spicewood Springs Road)
- St. Edwards Greenbelt (7301 Spicewood Springs Road)
- Bull Creek District Park—Upper (6958 Spicewood Springs Road)
- Oak View Neighborhood Park (10902 Oak View Drive)
- Great Hills Neighborhood Park (10801 Sierra Oaks)
- Riata Neighborhood Park (12401 Riata Trace)
- Yett Creek Neighborhood Park (12538 Riata Vista Circle)
- Wells Creek Greenbelt (13120 Metric Boulevard)
- Scofield Farms Neighborhood Park (12901 Scofield Farms Drive)
- Hurbert C. Schroeter Neighborhood Park (11701 Big Trail)
- Balcones District Park (12017 Amherst Drive)
- Walnut Creek Greenbelt (2611 Park Bend Drive)
- Gracywoods Neighborhood Park (12133 Metric Boulevard)
- Bull Creek District Park—Lower (7806 North Capital of Texas Highway)
- Bull Creek District Park (6701 Lakewood Drive)
- North Cat Mountain Greenbelt (6704 Cat Creek Trail)
- Barrow Nature Preserve (7515 Step Down Cove)
- Stillhouse Hollow Nature Preserve (7810 Sterling Drive)
- Steck Valley Greenbelt (8403 Adirondack Trail)
- Hill School Park (8405 Tallwood Drive)
- Doss School Park (7013 Northledge Drive)
- Murchison Pool (7022 Hart Lane)
- Pillow School Park (8500 Rockwood Lane)
- North Star Greenbelt (11701 Tallow Field Way)
- Gullett School Park (3105 Hunt Trail)
- Lucy Reed School Park (7509 Silvercrest Drive)
- Wooten Neighborhood Park (1500 Dale Drive)
- Cook School Park (1505 Cripple Creek Drive)
- Reilly School Park (6001 Guadalupe)
- Brentwood Neighborhood Park (6710 Arroyo Seco)
- T. A. Brown School Park (520 Northway Drive)
- Kennemer Pool (1031 Peyton Gin Road)
- Wooldridge School Park (1410 Norseman Terrace)
- Ron Rigsby Pocket Park (1110 Little Elm Park)
- Barrington School Park (9306 Glenn Lane)
- Brownie Pocket Park (10000 Brownie Drive)
- Quail Creek Neighborhood Park (1101 Mearns Meadow Drive)
Shopping and Restaurants
North Austin offers a bounty of shopping and dining options, with both major shopping centers and smaller, neighborhood-centric destinations.
For a taste of north Austin’s history, visit the Crestview Shopping Center, which has four businesses that have been in operation since the early 1950s: Crestview Barber Shop, Crestview Beauty Salon, Crestview Minimax IGA, and Crestview Pharmacy. Newer businesses includeBriteLites Studio, Little Deli, Project Transitions, and Ricky Wilson Manufacturing (jewelry.)
North Burnet Road and North Lamar offer an eclectic mix of restaurants, boutiques, and antique and collectible shops. Old favorites like Top Notch burgers (made famous by the film Dazed and Confused) still attract locals from their original buildings, while new local favorites like Torchy’s Tacos and P.Terry’s reflect Austin’s developing culture.
The Arboretum at Great Hills is home to over 40 shops and restaurants set throughout canopies of Austin oaks. Stores and restaurants include favorites such as Pottery Barn, Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Z Gallerie, The Gap, AZIZ Salon and Day Spa, Cheesecake Factory, Five Guy’s Burgers, and Blue Baker.
The Domain is an upscale shopping, office, and residential development located off North Mo-Pac. High-end retailers include Barneys CO-OP, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co. and Austin’s first Neiman Marcus, as well as traditional mall stores like Macy’s, Express, American Eagle Outfitters, and Aeropostale. Restaurants include Daily Grill, Maggiano’s Little Italy, McCormick & Schmick’s, NoRTH, and more.
Fill out this form, let us know what you're looking for, and we'll have the agent best suited to work with you get in touch with you ASAP!