Buda Homes For Sale
Known as the “Outdoor Capital of Texas,” Buda is a small town of about 8,000 residents just along the southern border of Austin in Hays County. Open space abounds in Buda, with hundreds of acres of park land often utilized for community events, such as Art Around Town; Buda Lions Club County Fair & Wiener Dog Races; Red, White ‘N’ Buda Independence Day Celebration; and Hill Country Wildflower Fest. At about five square miles, Buda has over 1,000 businesses within its borders. Buda residents often work in Austin but choose to live in Buda for its small town charm and slightly lower real estate prices. Originally part of a Mexican land grant, the city was founded in 1881 when Cornelia Trimble donated land at an International-Great Northern Railroad depot. It was named Buda in 1887, at the request of the post office, and was incorporated in 1948.
Buda is located 15 miles south of Downtown Austin on Interstate 35. It is in zip code 78610.
Buda is in Hays Independent School District, with a small number of homes in Lockhart Independent School District.
In addition to the following public schools, Buda’s private schools include Academia Christian Academy, Austin Christian Academy, Legacy Oaks Christian School, and Montessori School – White Bird.
View Listings by School
Buda has 11 public parks:
- Bonita Vista Park sits on two acres of land and is a quaint neighborhood park equipped with a playground, basketball courts, and picnic tables.
- Bradfield Park is a 31-acre park with two fishing ponds, one of which is a five-acre pond stocked with Blue and Channel Catfish. It also holds a playground, picnic tables, benches, and a barbecue pit.
- City Park is in the heart of downtown Buda on seven acres of land and was the first park to be owned and maintained by the City of Buda. It includes two pavilions, two full-sized basketball courts, and a large playground with a small rock climbing wall. Annual events held at the park include the Buda Lions Club County Fair & Wiener Dog Races; the Red, White and Buda Independence Day Celebration; Toons and Tunes Summer Series; BudaFest; and FireFest Texas.
- Cullen Country Park is a 24-acre greenbelt/trail system backing up to Garlic Creek and offering beautiful shade trees, picnic tables, and benches.
- Located on 10 acres in Downtown Buda, the Gazebo/Greenbelt area often hosts events such as weddings.
- Garlic Creek Park offers 31 acres of land with a playground, basketball court, picnic tables, and a pavilion.
- Green Meadows Park includes six acres with a playground, basketball court, picnic tables, benches, and a pavilion.
- On 52 acres, the Buda Sportsplex features a lengthy trail system, a large playground, xeriscaping, and plenty of open parkland. It also has a pavilion, four softball/baseball fields, four recreational fields, a concession stand, restroom facilities, picnic tables, and benches. It is just across from the Hays Communities YMCA, which has an indoor pool and an outdoor pool.
- Historic Stagecoach Park features two historic facilities on 51 acres with a pavilion, amphitheater, playground, trail system, open parkland, and a pond. Wildlife is abundant.
- Stoneridge Park is a five-acre public park with a rock climbing wall, basketball court, recreational field, covered pavilion, benches, and picnic tables.
- Whispering Hollow Park is an 18-acre park with a trail system, playground, picnic tables, benches, barbecue pits, restroom, and a pavilion.
- Buda Public Library is on Main Street.
- Plum Creek Golf Course, at 750 Kohler’s Crossing, resides on over 200 acres of beautiful Texas Hill Country. It includes an 18-hole championship course, a 3-par executive course, and a 30-acre practice range.
Shopping and Restaurants
Antique Row – In Downtown Buda, Antique Row offers a collection of stores and businesses offering everything from antiques to modern elegant treasures.
Jardine Foods – Jardine Foods is a premier specialty food maker offering an assortment of Texas-style foods, such as salsas, and a tasting room for visitors.
Cabela’s features outdoor merchandise in its 185,000 square foot showroom, plus a décor of museum-quality animal displays, huge aquariums, and trophy animals interacting in realistic re-creations of their natural habitats.
Southpark Meadows , minutes north of Buda, offers dozens of stores and restaurants.
The Tanger Outlet Malls and San Marcos Premium Outlets, south of Buda on I-35, offer hundreds of shopping options, including Coach, Cole Haan, Diane Von Furstenberg, Elie Tahari, Fendi, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Last Call by Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Pottery Barn, and more.
Fill out this form, let us know what you're looking for, and we'll have the agent best suited to work with you get in touch with you ASAP!