Luxury Real Estate Statistics for Austin, Texas: June 2013 Report
published on June 24, 2013
Are you searching for a luxury home in Austin, Texas? You have about 350 chances to find the right one!
A quickened Austin real estate market across all price ranges has helped along the luxury property market, and many of these upscale homes are starting to show significantly more movement than in recent years past. Austin has seen over 200 of these properties sell this year alone, and recently increased prices are now showing signs of holding steady. Interest rates remain low for now — but perhaps not much longer.
— Does this mean it’s your time to invest in a luxury lifestyle in Austin?
Luxury Homes on the Market in Austin, Texas
As of June 24, 2013, there were 357 active Austin luxury properties – homes for sale over $1 million listed in the MLS. These homes were in a wide variety of Austin neighborhoods, with some of the most common areas for luxury real estate including waterfront homes along Lake Austin, master-planned resort communities like Barton Creek, and central Austin areas such as Tarrytown.
The high list price for these homes was $14.5 million, with an average list price of about $2.4 million and a median list price of $1.75 million. Prices per square foot ranged from $136 to a whopping $1,800!
- Click here to view luxury homes for sale in Austin!
- View the Austin Luxury Statistics page to compare luxury home statistics from previous months and to learn more about Austin’s luxury property market.
- You also might like to learn the difference between a mansion and a luxury home and brush up on your luxury home lingo.
Sold Luxury Homes in Austin, Texas
Sold homes are what REALTORS® use to help sellers determine at what price to list their properties and buyers determine what price to offer during negotiations. Let’s look at sold prices for May 2013 and year-to-date (January 1 to June 24.)
Sold Homes May 2013
- 43 homes sold
- High sold price $3,545,000 (about $634.32 per square foot)
- Average sold price $1,556,300 (about $317.26 per square foot)
- Median sold price $1,325,000 (about $298.55 per square foot)
Sold Homes Year to Date (January 1 to June 24, 2013)
- 213 homes sold
- High sold price $5,860,000 (about $755.12 per square foot)
- Average sold price $1,578,878 (about $317.68 per square foot)
- Median sold price $1,340,000 (about $296.97 per square foot)
Are you ready to explore the exciting world of upscale living? Contact the experienced luxury REALTORS® at Regent Property Group for information on your desired lifestyle or to ask questions about specific homes for sale. Call today at 512.554.9714!
Austin Home Price Estimate
What's your home worth? Use our instant home price estimator to get an idea of what your home might sell for on the market today.