Humpday Stress? Relax and “Wine Down” on 2nd Street
published on April 19, 2012
Do a warm summer evening, a tempting happy hour, live music, and a stroll down Austin’s upscale 2nd Street sound like an ideal way to beat your humpday blues? If so, set your Google alerts for The Wine Down, an ever-popular concert and food series in the lively heart of central Austin.
For ten consecutive Wednesdays, The Dreaming Tree wines (in partnership with the 2nd Street District and the Austin Convention Center’s Bureau) has organized a fabulous line-up of musicians who will perform at the ACL Live Music Porch from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.. Each week, local restaurants will pair appetizers with select wines and offer them at unbeatable happy hour prices. The free concert series draws diverse crowds from newlyweds in West Austin to families from Circle C.
“We can’t wait for The Wine Down this year,” said Julie Sutton-McGurk, Retail Marketing Manager of the 2nd Street District. “The 2nd restaurants are happy to give Austin a taste of their fare, our local retailers love the interaction with the patrons, and live music on the ACL front porch makes for the ideal Austin experience.”
Every artist playing at The Wine Down is featured on Austin Music Volume 11, the Bureau’s annual compilation of Austin music. The CD features 13 tracks of both established and up and coming Austin musicians. Included in the CD is a 40-page guide to Austin’s thriving music scene.
2012 The Wine Down on Wednesday Schedule:
· March 28: Wild Child with bites from Cantina Laredo
· April 4: Mike Flanigin with bites from Imperia
· April 11: SPEAK with bites from How Do You Roll?
· April 18: Ariel Abshire with bites from Coal Vines
· April 25: Candace Bellamy with bites from Hickory Street
· May 2: Lex Land with bites from W Austin/TRACE
· May 9: La Guerrilla with bites from MAX’s Wine Dive
· May 16: The Soldier Thread with bites from III Forks
· May 23: Hudson Moore with bites from Cru
· May 30: Nakia with bites from La Condesa
The 2nd Street District continues to evolve and delight Austin residents, catering to a funky-yet-refined urban sensibility that is synonymous with Austin. To be closer to the action, ask your Austin realtor about listings in this area.
Austin Home Price Estimate
What's your home worth? Use our instant home price estimator to get an idea of what your home might sell for on the market today.