Austin, Texas Luxury Homes Report May 2013
published on May 27, 2013
The volume of Austin luxury home sales – those listed over $1 million was way up in April 2013 compared to March 2013. Sixty-five luxury homes sold in April, compared to 37 in March, for an over 75 percent increase in closed properties! High sold price, average sold price, and median sold price for the month to month comparison all ticked up as well.
On May 23, 2013, there were 348 Austin luxury homes on the market. The high list price for these active homes was $14.5 million, with a price of $1797 per square foot. The “average” luxury home was listed at $2,374,093 (about $407 per square foot,) and the median list price was $1,795,000 (about $339 per square foot.)
Austin’s luxury homes include most of the waterfront homes along Lake Austin and many homes within Eanes ISD, as well as some areas of central Austin.
Click here to view the luxury homes available today in Austin!
Sold homes provide the best indication of where the Austin luxury home market stands. Here are statistics for sold luxury homes in April 2013 and also from January 1 to May 23, 2013.
Sold Homes April 2013
- 65 homes sold
- High sold price $5,860,000 (about $703 per square foot)
- Average sold price $1,695,232 (about $338 per square foot)
- Median sold price $1,444,000 (about $308 per square foot)
Sold Homes Year to Date (January 1 to May 23, 2013)
- 160 homes sold
- High sold price $5,860,000 (about $755 per square foot)
- Average sold price $1,568,544 (about $317 per square foot)
- Median sold price $1,321,500 (about $295 per square foot)
View the April 2013 Austin luxury homes report for more information.
– If you are interested in luxury homes, you also might be interested in learning more about the difference between a mansion and a luxury home.
Is it your time to “move up” to an Austin luxury home? Contact the experienced luxury property agents at Regent Property Group for more information on your desired lifestyle! Call today at 512.554.9714!
Austin Home Price Estimate
What's your home worth? Use our instant home price estimator to get an idea of what your home might sell for on the market today.