Austin, Texas Luxury Homes Report April 2013
published on April 29, 2013
Just between February and March, the luxury homes market saw a big increase in all segments. Thirty seven homes sold in March, compared to 20 in February – almost double. The high sold price was about $1 million more, and the square foot price for that property was a whopping $755, over $200 more than the high square foot price last month. Month to month, average sold price is up about $150k, and median sold price is up about $155k.
- For more comparisons, read the March 2013 Austin luxury homes report.
Sold homes provide homebuyers and sellers a good indication of what to expect when buying or selling an Austin luxury home. Here are the statistics for sold homes in March 2013 and from January 1 to April 15.
Sold Homes March 2013
- 37 homes sold
- High sold price $4,280,000 (about $755 per square foot)
- Average sold price $1,515,946 (about $303 per square foot)
- Median sold price $1,350,000 (about $295 per square foot)
Sold Homes Year to Date (January 1 to April 15, 2013)
- 107 homes sold
- High sold price $5,860,000 (about $755 per square foot)
- Average sold price $1,610,170 (about $319 per square foot)
- Median sold price $1,350,000 (about $296 per square foot)
On April 29, 2013, there were 327 Austin luxury homes – those listed over $1 million – on the market. The high list price for these active homes was $15 million, with a price of $1,797 per square foot.
The “average” luxury home was listed at $2,349,067 (about $401 per square foot,) and the median list price was $1.885 million (about $352 per square foot.)
Is it time for you to “move up” to an Austin luxury home?
Contact the experienced luxury property agents at Regent Property Group for more information on your desired lifestyle! 512.554.9714
Austin Home Price Estimate
What's your home worth? Use our instant home price estimator to get an idea of what your home might sell for on the market today.