The Austin Symphony will host ten free music concerts this holiday season with its new Christmas in the Community program. The concerts will be held at various locations in Austin and will feature different ensembles of the orchestra – Woodwinds, Bass, Strings, etc. – playing holiday music.
The first concert will be December 4, with Woodwinds at the Lakeline Mall Macy’s. The program concludes the concert series on December 23, with the Stardust Orchestra Big Band and the Austin Symphony string quartet at Symphony Square.
The Christmas in the Community events replace the previous holiday tradition, The Christmas Sing-Along, and are designed to help the Symphony reach a larger audience. While the Sing-Along would reach 3,000 attendees, the community-wide events are expected to reach even more people collectively.
Christmas in the Community Schedule:
- December 4, Macy’s at Lakeline Mall, Woodwinds
- December 5, noon, Montopolis Recreation Center, Brass
- December 5, 3 p.m., Macy’s at Barton Creek Mall, Strings
- December 10, 6:30 p.m., George Washington Carver Museum, Brass
- December 11, 10 a.m., Gus Garcia Recreation Center, Strings
- December 11, 3 p.m., Macy’s at the Domain, Brass
- December 16, 11 a.m., Asian American Resource Center, Woodwinds
- December 18, 3 p.m., Macy’s at Barton Creek Mall, Woodwinds
- December 22, noon, State Capitol, Strings
- December 23, 6 p.m., Symphony Square, Stardust Big Band and Strings
All of the performances are free and open to the public with no tickets required.
Please check the Austin Symphony website for times, locations, and performance updates.