Austin Spas Make Moms Feel Special
published on May 8, 2012
Since kids typically keep moms on their toes, a nice way to show a favorite domestic ballerina appreciation is to give her some time off her feet. Whether she’s lying face down on a massage table or letting those overworked toes get pampered with a pedicure, any mom will love the offerings of two of Austin’s best spas, Hiatus Spa + Retreat and Viva Day Spa.
Hiatus Spa + Retreat is the new kid on the block of Austin spas. Located in the heart of Downtown Austin, this oasis is convenient, relaxing, and has some of the best prices in town for its signature H- Circle memberships. This monthly plan sets Hiatus apart from other spas because it emphasizes the concept that Partners Sheila Garrison and Kristin Peabody built the spa upon: “A visit to the spa should not be a luxury, or reserved for special occasions. Instead, it should be an affordable component of a wellness plan, with prevention at its core, providing a quick break from the hustle and bustle of daily life.” The memberships include one Essential Service each month (a massage, facial, body glow treatment, a body wrap, or a mani-pedi in their amazing zero gravity chairs), significant discounts on additional services, and birthday perks, all for just $59 per month and a one-time initiation fee of $29. This gift would remind any mom every month just how much her children love her.
For those looking to make a big bang around the special day, Hiatus offers packages for the special ladies. All package prices are available through Mother’s Day but can be purchased as a gift and used anytime.
– Mother’s Stress Fix: 90 minute Stress Fix Massage, Brighten-Up Facial, and Body Glow Express AND a take-home spa duo of Blue Oil and lavender-infused neck wrap for $269 (usually $323).
– Mommy to Be: 60 minute Expectant Mother Massage, Spa Pedicure with safe-for-baby Spa Ritual polish, and Hiatus Facial for $229 (usually $284).
– Enlightened Mom: Hiatus Facial, Revitalizing Eye Treatment, and Spa Pedicure for $149 (usually $184).
– Hiatus Getaway: Monthly Retreat (seasonal Body Glow and Massage with handcrafted ingredients), Perfecting Facial + Peel, and Mani- Pedi Retreat for $349 (usually $424).
Rated one of the best day spas in Austin, those looking for a place to relax can find Viva Day Spa in both Central Austin and South Austin. 2011 was a banner year for the spa, as it was voted the Best Spa in Austin by the Austin Chronicle, as well as given the Best Spa Package titles by Austin Monthly Magazine for their “Viva Diva” package. Their packages created to help celebrate moms are equally award-worthy:
– Love Your Mother Spa Package: Sauna with Cool Peppermint Towels, One Hour Swedish Massage, Hydrating Lavender Lotus Body Butter Wrap, Full Body Dry Brush Exfoliation, Magic Mint Scalp Treatment, Hot Steam Towel Treatment, and a take home gift bag for $179 (2 hours).
– Sweet Mamma Facial Package: Fountain of Youth Facial with Vitamin C Masque, Emollient Organic Eye & Lip Treatment, Neck, Shoulder, and Arm Massage with Lavender Lotus Body Butter, Warm Cocoa Butter Hand Hydration Treatment, and a take home gift bag for $149 (1.5 hours).
– Pretty Hands & Feet Nail Package: Express Pedicure & Manicure, Massage with Warm Stones on Feet, and Lavender Lotus Hand Hydration Treatment for $95 (1.5 hours).
Both spas offer excellent packages and services year round and are thoughtful about providing holiday specials. This Mother’s Day, consider surprising mom with a spa certificate and breakfast in bed in your Austin home. Looking for “Om Sweet Om”? Discover a personal oasis in an Austin luxury home, with the help of the Austin Realtors at Regent Property Group.
Chair photo courtesy Hiatus: Ryann Ford.
Austin Home Price Estimate
What's your home worth? Use our instant home price estimator to get an idea of what your home might sell for on the market today.