19 Hottest Austin Tech Start-Ups Named to 2013 Summer A-List by SXSW Interactive
published on July 18, 2013
Using input from private equity, angel, and venture capital investors around the nation, South by Southwest Interactive and the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce joined forces once again to compile the 2013 Summer A-List: a list of 19 of the hottest Austin-based Tech Start-ups representing key sectors of innovation.
“Austin is rich with innovative startups which are primed for growth,” said Greater Austin Technology Partnership Co-Chair Bryan Jones. “Austin’s entrepreneurial ecosystem has never been stronger, and the A-List spotlights 19 great Central Texas companies which are poised to make their mark.”
Now in its third year, the A-list was revealed at a prestigious event at Fogo de Chao. Each A-List nominee received a table at the event, which featured SXSW Interactive Director Hugh Forrest. “These A-List companies (as well as numerous other local startups) transform potential into reality and drive the entrepreneurial spirit that makes Austin so special,” said Forrest. “The Austin community benefits from a very strong capital and investment eco-system. Our success in startup investment and retention nourish these A-List companies and also helps to attract the next generation of game-changing innovators.”
* A-List Recognition is intended to increase the visibility of Austin’s regional technology startups, as well as increase investment. Members of the 2012 A-List have received a combined $57.7 million since last year’s announcement.
Terence Spielman co-chairs GATP alongside Bryan Jones. “The 2013 Summer A-List clearly represents the character of Austin,” Speilman said. “The large diversity in consumer focus, including fitness, health, marketing and mobile, is matched by leading innovation in technology, including software, biotech and materials. Austin continues to grow as a hotbed of technology and innovation.”
2013 A-List tech start-ups:
1. Adometry utilizes advanced advertising attribution technology to provide deeper insight into the overall performance and incremental ROI of online cross-channel marketing efforts. It makes its home in West Austin.
2. AeonClad Coatings is an advanced materials company focused on improving the performance of existing products for new applications.
3. Caisson Biotech partners with pharmaceutical companies to market its proprietary heparosan-based drug delivery system known as HEPtuneTM.
4. Digby, which has made itself at home in Barton Creek plaza, is the creator of Localpoint®, an enterprise-ready mobile software that harnesses the power of location to allow brands to achieve their strategic omni-channel goals – to drive store traffic through location‐relevant marketing, engage with consumers in the brick & mortar store & provide web‐style analytics for the physical store.
5. Famigo is the creator of an Android app that child‐proofs tablets and smartphones and recommends family‐friendly, age‐appropriate apps that children and parents can enjoy.
6. Gravitant is the leader in cloud services brokerage and management for enterprises, SIs and cloud providers. It has made itself at home in Northwest Austin.
7. Invodo is a full‐service e‐commerce video solution that involves creating high‐quality product video at scale and delivering video through retail‐focused technology.
8. Kimbia provides an omni-channel fundraising platform that enables nonprofits and community foundations to create a deeper donor relationship by leveraging the strengths of each channel and putting its donors at the center of all development activities.
9. Localeur is an online community of local insiders who help travelers experience local in the cities they visit.
10. MapMyFitness is the health and fitness technology company that powers the Internet’s largest social network of fitness enthusiasts.
11. Mass Relevance helps brands, media, and agencies get more from their social media efforts by building social experiences into their marketing strategy through their Mass Relevance SaaS platform.
12. NOOM is a mobile application that enables users to treat friends to a cup of coffee, send someone a beer, or buy a client lunch.
13. Ortho Kinematics is an imaging informatics company that focuses on spine imaging.
14. RetailMeNot is a digital coupon marketplace enabling consumers across the globe seeking to save money to find hundreds of thousands of digital coupons from retailers.
15. Spiceworks is the vertical network for IT that connects millions of IT professionals with over 2,000 technology brands to simplify how IT professionals discover, buy, and manage the latest technology products and services.
16. SpredFast provides social media management software that allows organizations to manage, monitor, and measure their social media programs at scale.
17. Tango Health helps reduce the total cost of health benefits for employers and employees by driving adoption of HDHP+HSA, eliminating the HSA administrative burden and maximizing the tax savings.
18. Televero Health is a population management, analytics, data visualization, and clinical intelligence software innovator focused on the telehealth and remote patient monitoring market.
19. Terapio is a biopharmaceutical company developing therapeutics based on the RLIP76 protein, which is used as a medical countermeasure for radiation exposure and chemical threats to civilian, military, and first responder populations.
Watch for the 2013 Fall Austin A-List coming this October!
Regent Property Group applauds SXSW Interactive and the GACC for helping these 19 outstanding tech companies receive the support and recognition they need to thrive. The REALTORS® at Regent help homebuyers thrive in the Austin real estate market. On the lookout for a luxury Austin home for sale? Choose Regent.
Austin Home Price Estimate
What's your home worth? Use our instant home price estimator to get an idea of what your home might sell for on the market today.