Sendera South Homes for Sale
The Sendera subdivision is a part of the larger Oak Hill area, which contains more than 20 neighborhoods and spans several zip codes on the south side of Austin. It’s bordered by David Lane to the north, Slaughter Lane to the south, Mopac to the west, and the Maple Run neighborhood to the east. Its proximity to I-35 and Mopac give residents a short commute to downtown Austin.
Browse Popular Southwest Austin Neighborhoods
Contact us directly if you have any questions about selling or purchasing a home in Sendera South.
Sendera South Home Listings
Properties in Sendera South
As you explore the neighborhood, you’ll find a quiet atmosphere, as homes are set away from Mopac and Slaughter to avoid the noise. All yards are neatly trimmed and community amenities are well maintained. Most homes range in size from 1,500 to more than 3,000 square feet. Prospective homebuyers will find home prices starting in the $200,000 range up to around $300,000.
Many homes boast brick and stone exteriors, vaulted ceilings, two-car garages, and spacious yards. All residents in the Sendera neighborhood are members of the Home Owners Association, which requires a small monthly fee. The Association creates and regulates neighborhood rules, plans events throughout the year, and more. It also enforces deed restrictions on properties, and mandates ordinances, and monitors the neighborhood watch program.
Residents of all ages will enjoy the many recreational opportunities available in the neighborhood. The Sendera Swim Center is reserved exclusively for residents and their guests. It offers a great family-friendly atmosphere with a playscape and picnic area. It also has a large pool with six swimming lanes, making it ideal for lap swimming or relaxing on a warm afternoon. There are also miles of bike trails, tennis courts, basketball courts, and even a disc golf course located throughout the area.
Most children in the Sendera neighborhood attend schools in the Austin Independent School District. This includes Cowan Elementary School, which has been recognized for their excellent academics and extra-curricular activities. Covington Middle School, Bailey Middle School, and Bowie High School are also located near the neighborhood.
For shopping and entertainment, there are plenty of opportunities within minutes. The Shops at Arbor Walk are located near William Cannon and MoPac, and feature several well-known stores including Home Depot, Marshalls, and DSW Shoe Warehouse, as well as dining venues like Mighty Fine Burgers and Chuck-E-Cheese. Escarpment Village is another popular spot on West Slaughter Lane. This shopping complex includes several upscale retail locations, dining venues, and a large H.E.B. where residents can do their grocery shopping.
For a relaxing, family-friendly atmosphere and fine community amenities, take a closer look at the Sendera Neighborhood in South Austin.
Sendera South Real Estate Stats
- Date Established: Early 1990s
- Location Description: Located on the south side of Austin, Sendera is bordered by David Lane to the north, Slaughter Lane to the south, MoPac to the west, and the Maple Run neighborhood to the east
- MLS Map Location areas: SWE, 10S
- Zip Codes: 78749
- Miles from Downtown: 11 miles
- Number of Homes: 831 homes
- Price range of homes per square foot from January 2009 – June 2010: $90 - $139/square foot
- Price range of homes from January 2009 – June 2010: $154,400 - $277,000
- Size range of homes from January 2009 – June 2010: 1,501 – 2,849 square feet
- Neighborhood amenities: Swimming pool, playscape, picnic areas, hike and bike trails, tennis court, basketball court, and disc golf course
- Neighborhood builders: Newmark Homes, Milburn/D.R. Horton, Mangum Custom Homes
- What is the name of the Homeowners Association? Sendera Homeowner’s Association
- School District: Austin Independent School District
- Elementary Schools: Cowan Elementary School
- Middle Schools: Covington Middle School and Bailey Middle School
- High Schools: Bowie High School
- Private Schools: Bannockburn Baptist School, Maiposa Montessori School, St. Andrews Episcopal School, Legacy Oaks Christian School, Montessori School – White Bird, Austin Children’s Montessori, Strickland Christian School
The Sendera neighborhood is located in south Austin just minutes from both I-35 and Mopac. The subdivision was established in the early 1990s and now offers more than 800 one- and two-story single-family homes that are surrounded by green areas. As the neighborhood was created there was a large focus on the environment - builders took extra care to ensure several existing trees were saved and new ones were planted. Now, many of the properties boast beautiful shade trees for a cozy environment........Read more
The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Based on information from the Austin Board of REALTORS® (alternatively, from ACTRIS) from September 24th, 2018 at 10:45am CDT. Neither the Board nor ACTRIS guarantees or is in any way responsible for its accuracy. The Austin Board of REALTORS®, ACTRIS and their affiliates provide the MLS and all content therein "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. Data maintained by the Board or ACTRIS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.